03 January 2005

You found me!

Here I am! If you are reading this, you probably followed the link from my old blog at Xanga. If not, you're welcome anyway!

A few of you may have noticed that I changed the name of my blog. This is in line with my new theme. With the help of my husband, ABM, I decided on afghans for my needlework theme this year. The fact that a baby blanket is my first project of the year had a little to do with it. This doesn't mean that I am not going to knit other stuff, but I have a goal to complete at least two afghans this year. It may not sound like much of a goal, but it is a big one for me because I get bored with afghans after I have finished about 1/3 of the work. There are two afghans among my UFOs right now that are not big enough to finish quickly, but I've put too much work into them to rip them out without causing myself pain.

As for last year's goal, I completed it! The theme for 2004 was Family Knitting, and the goal was to knit at least one item for everyone in my immediate family (husband, MIL, and four kids). Part of the credit for meeting this goal goes to ABM. I've tried to meet this goal for the past couple years, but I haven't been unsuccessful. About a week before New Year's Eve, it occurred to me that ABM's scarf was the only thing keeping me from meeting it this time. Just as I started trotting out scarf patterns and yarns in a desperate attempt to knit a scarf in a week, my loving husband told me that he changed his mind and what he really wanted was a ribbed earwarmer. He insisted that he didn't change his mind just to help me meet my goal, but I think he did. In a previous discussion, he mentioned that he doesn't get excited about my knitting because I rarely finish things. My hubby is a man of few words, but I think he was happy that I actually completed something.

I still haven't finished tweaking my new spot, so don't be alarmed if you see a few more changes in the weeks to come. Pictures are the next thing on my agenda; after all, what's a needlework blog without visuals?

2 comments:

MA said...

I found you! And your blog has an RSS feed so I can see when you've updated!

Dani In NC said...

Well, Mayflower, we are even because I have only completed one afghan myself :-). It took me a year to finish it and the only reason I didn't give up is because my best friend requested it as a wedding present.

MA, I chose that option for the RSS feed because I knew that a lot of people use services like Bloglines to keep up with blog updates. I'm glad that it is helping you.