28 January 2011

Another Quick Autoinjector Update

I've started participating in an MS forum on Ravelry. You know how it is -- something new is happening to you and you are dying to talk about it, but the people around you are sick of hearing about it. Where is do you go but to a group of people who are going through the same thing?

Anyway, someone in that forum recommended changing the depth setting on my autoinjector to see if that would lessen the discomfort. Voilà! Vive la différence! All I feel now is a tiny prick of the needle. I've done my last three shots with the changed setting, and I don't even dread doing them any more. I did today's shot at 7:30p instead of fretting and stalling until 11p. Loaded the injector, did the shot, went back to what I was doing.

I am so thankful because I was beginning to think that my Rebif injection would be something that would ruin my evenings for years to come. Now it is just another task like washing my hair.

2 comments:

Hailey @ Me and My Boys said...

Glad it's going better! Brad had to give himself Lovenox shots a few years ago, and I had to do the first ones for him. It's hard to muster up the courage to do that to yourself. But he eventually got the hang of it.
It definitely makes it easier when there are others there to help you get through the rough parts.

Dani In NC said...

You are a good spouse. I can't get ABM to help me with my shots at all. Many people on Rebif get their spouses to do the shots in the arm and the butt because those spots are difficult to reach on yourself. No go for ABM. It does make me feel as though the MS is something that I'm dealing with on my own, but I guess turnabout is fair play -- I wasn't crazy about him getting the lap band and I was VERY vocal about it.