05 January 2006

This is why I don't make New Year's resolutions

Here is a list of things that I would like to accomplish:

--Make exercise a 3-times-a-week habit
--Read at least one book a month (cookbooks and knitting books don't count)
--Cook dinner every night instead of throwing hot dogs at the kids
--Lose 50 pounds by the end of the year (I am 100 pounds overweight)
--Teach M how to cook
--Play games once a week with the kids
--Limit my computer time to 30 minutes on weeknights
--Read my Bible every day
--Knit a sweater for each of my children

Do you see how long this list is? What's even worse, I am having trouble prioritizing it. In my mind, these are all worthy goals that conflict with each other. If I try to focus on them all at once, the five hours between work and bedtime will be jam-packed. I look at that list and it just seems hopeless. "Overwhelmed" was my word for the last half of 2005 and it will probably still be my buzz word for 2006. Now you know why I watch so much TV!

No comments: