20 June 2005

Walk Away the Pounds

Exercise: 33 minutes (Leslie Sansone)

Have you guys tried any of the routines from Leslie Sansone's Walk Away the Pounds series? For those who aren't familiar with it, her routines are based on walking in place and the focus is on how many miles you've walked. In all the tapes I've seen, Ms. Sansone uses four basic steps so they are just right for uncoordinated people like me. The amazing thing is that she has taken this simple concept and repackaged it twenty different ways. I'm not criticizing her, though. These workouts are ideal for someone who doesn't want to overanalyze their fitness regimen. One of my friends is a devotee of in-home walking and lent me her three-mile video. I popped it in, put the TV on mute, and listened to Pop Goes the Culture while I walked. I concentrated just enough to make sure that I was keeping the same pace as the video, but that's it. It is the next best thing to a treadmill, which is near the top of my short list of preferred exercise options. You can visit the site and see a preview if you want to get a feel for the routine.

No comments: