23 February 2012

The Talk: My New Evening Wind-Down Show


I'm sure that a lot of people make comparisons between ABC's The View and CBS' The Talk, and I don't blame them. On the face of it, the two talk shows look a lot alike.Each one has a panel of famous women of different ages and at different life stages discuss pop culture topics. However, as a former fan of The View, I can tell you that The Talk is what The View used to be: a light daytime show for people who enjoy panel discussions. 

While their hosts do address the latest headlines, the discussion never degenerates into a shouting match with apologies being made the next day. Perhaps it is because the cast hasn't been together long enough to get on each other's nerves, but these women act as if they genuinely like each other rather than just tolerate each other.  Maybe having Sheryl Underwood and Aisha Tyler (two stand-up comedians) and Sharon Osbourne (a naturally funny woman) keeps the show happy and fun. I don't know. All I know is that it is the perfect show for me to watch in the evenings after work when my meds have laid me low.
Post a Comment