20 March 2006




Today's exercise: Biggest Loser Workout (routine #1)

I made it through the warmup and the body of the workout but I started feeling queasy during the cool-down. Perhaps I drank too much water. I tried to sip, but I was so thirsty (a rare occurrence for me). If I had made it all the way to the end, I could have counted 40 minutes for today. Oh, well--there's always tomorrow.

On the upside, I think I finally understand how to "engage my core" so that my abs get a workout without traditional situps. As much as Billy Blanks annoys me, I have to admit that his advice to concentrate while exercising is working. Exercise doesn't come as naturally as breathing to me so I often have to be told, "You should be feeling this in your abs." Then I actually have to think, "OK, legs, stop doing all the work. Abs, pull!" Workouts that I thought were light make me break a sweat once I start concentrating.

I met my daily goal of no fries and no sweet iced tea. Since I was out of drink mix, I tried Splenda in unsweetened tea. It wasn't bad. I think I found the balance that eliminated the bitterness of the tea without leaving too much of an artificial sweetener aftertaste. Best of all, tea is free at work.

3 comments:

Tonya said...

Congrats on your no fries and sweet iced tea goal :) I guess Im the 4th person that now reads your blog! I just stumbled across it tonight and found it interesting. I myself have alot of weight to lose. Keep up your workout routine.. you will get there!!

Cathi said...

Good for you!!!!! I bet tea is hard to resist at work, if it's free, so good for you for doing the Splenda! And fries...mmmm, fries.

I definitely feel queasy if the water I drink is too cold- I know it probably sounds unappetizing, but one thing that works for me is if I do room temp water.

Jscothammerquist said...

I haven't read this blog for a while,so hello there.
I think that the sweet tea and fries rountine is a good one. Also your thoughts on why you over eatare very interesting.
I am going to apply it to my own weight loss goals.