06 May 2006

Coca-Cola Blak

I finally got a chance to try this coffee-flavored cola drink and I have to say that I am disappointed. The work "blak" in the name should have given me a clue as to how this was going to taste. Although I am a coffee freak, I like my coffee sweet. The main reason I am not crazy about Starbucks is that I don't like paying $5 for a cup of coffee that I have to fix as soon as I get it. They don't put enough sugar in it for me.

Anyway, Coca-Cola Blak is a beverage for people who drink their coffee black. Despite the presence of corn syrup and aspartame, there is barely any sweetness in this drink. I can still taste the bitterness of black coffee. There is no creamy taste, either. I shouldn't have expected cream, but all the bottled coffee drinks I've tasted have been of the frappucino variety so I missed that element. Still, I could do without creaminess if there was more sugar. I guess I'll take a pass on this drink.

No comments: