23 August 2009

Welcoming the Back-to-School Routine

Even though I'm concerned about being unemployed and how it is affecting our budget, I have to say that I am ready for the back-to-school routine to begin this week. I know that sounds crazy because I've always said that I like the lazy days of summer, but I've come to realize that I need structure that is imposed by an outside force.

Last time I was out of work during the school year, I got into a good routine that allowed me to fit in reading, crafting, cooking, and cleaning. I even managed to maintain my weight, even though it was a higher weight than I would like. Being unemployed this summer was nice for a few weeks, but then I couldn't seem to pull myself together. I've gained 10 lbs, the house is a mess, and I haven't accomplished much beyond job hunting. I can't get motivated to do much during the day and then I can't sleep at night because I haven't done anything to tire myself out. I'm looking forward to getting everyone out of the house in the morning and having an evening deadline for my housework and cooking.

No comments: