06 December 2010

Reverb 10: Day 6

Today's Reverb 10 prompt:

December 6 – Make.
What was the last thing you made? What materials did you use? Is there something you want to make, but you need to clear some time for it?
(Author: Gretchen Rubin)

Technically, the very last thing I made was barbecue chicken pizza last Thursday. I know that most people wouldn't consider dinner something I made, but my kids would. You see, we usually eat out of cans and boxes, so if I put anything on the table that even resembles a from-scratch meal my kids rejoice! Last week, I cooked three times:

--chicken and dumplings, using broth made from bouillon powder and dumplings made from Bisquick;
--barbecue chicken pizza, using a ready-made whole wheat crust and bottled BBQ sauce
--lentil and ham soup, using a bag of lentils that came with a packet of garlic herb seasoning and the ham bone from our Thanksgiving ham.

These meals are what some would call "semi-homemade" but they made us happy.

As for something I made that is a little more lasting, I crocheted a headband to tame my Afro.

Grannyesque Headband, pic #2

I tend to make small items because I can't seem to finish bigger ones. However, I am still working on my December charity project, so that is what I am trying to make time for. If only I could pull my fingers away from the keyboard long enough to knit!

1 comment:

just jenn said...

get back to your knitting! :)
i like the idea of letting go of your filter from the last post. i'm slowly discovering something approaching a balance between filter and 'rude' in my life, too.