09 September 2017

Saturday Stitching #17: More Chatty than Stitchy





I didn't have much to show today, but I had a lot of thoughts on how my stitching is progressing.



One thing I didn't mention in the video is why I don't have a lot to show. Lately, I've been blaming it on studying and coursework taking up my time but that is not entirely true. Real talk? It is my old nemesis, procrastination. Once I turn my computer on and grab my cup of coffee in the morning, the time wasting begins.



As I've mentioned on this blog before, I struggle with prioritizing tasks and sticking to it. In the past week, I've done pretty well as far as getting a good start to my day by making sure I do my daily devotions and my exercise as soon as I wake up. After that, the routine falls apart. Right now the battle is between studying and making money on Rev (freelance transcription). Which one should I do first? Which one deserves more of my time? I want to do well in my classes so I can get a decent job, but that is over a year away. We need money now, but I'm still so slow at transcription that it takes half the day to make $20. No matter which thing I'm doing, I always think I should be doing the other one, so I don't do either one.



What is worse is that I don't even procrastinate well. Instead of knitting or reading, which would at least give me something to talk about in my videos and on my blogs, I procrastinate by watching YouTube videos and reading random articles on the Internet. This has been my struggle for a while. I don't  know how to get a handle on it, but I keep trying.

No comments: