09 January 2005


This is my son DJ modeling the mittens I made for him and the ribbed earwarmer I made for his father (my husband -- same guy!)

The mittens were made with the Gifted pattern using Brown Sheep Bulky Superwash in Sapphire Blue. These were really fun to make and I am going to make another pair using Wool-Ease Thick and Quick in Charcoal for my MIL. She actually requested a pair after seeing the finished product. This marks a step toward open-mindedness for her because she was firmly in the "Black people don't knit/crochet/cross-stitch, etc." camp when we first met.

The earwarmer is a 2 x 2 rib using an unknown grey acrylic with a faint tinge of blue to it. If any of my Vari knitting buds are reading this, it is the same yarn I used for the purse swap last year. I keep meaning to try a little fair-isle on an earwarmer because I think the small scale is less intimidating. Posted by Hello

No comments: