12 March 2005

Health Update

Weight: 260 lbs.

Things are going a little better this week. I exercised four times, but I only managed about 15-20 minutes per session. To see any changes, I know that I will have to step that up to 30 minutes. Also, very little of that exercise was aerobic. It was mostly stretching with a little weight-lifting thrown in. The next DVD in my next queue is Molly and Roni's Dance Party, Vol. 2, so I hope to bust a move and break a sweat next week.

My diet has changed very little. The high-calorie coffee is still calling to me and Friday was the only day where I succeeded in drinking water instead of sweet iced tea with my lunch. That is about to end, however, because I signed up for eDiets on Thursday. The minute I hit the order button I felt guilty because I know most of the plan from my previous subscription to the service, and they don't even include the support groups in the $2.99/week fee anymore. Still, I've already paid the $38.87 (non-refundable) for the next 13 weeks so I am not going to waste it by not following the plan. This time around, I am going to print out my menus and such so that when I cancel in three months I will have the info to keep me going.

2 comments:

jen said...

Hi Dani -- thanks for visiting my blog! Yes, actually knitting *helps* me to take care of my kids better!! Although it is a challenge to get those hours in ... so easier projects are definitely in demand, as those are the only I can do during the day. Good luck on your health challenge!! I can't wait to hear how you do ... I'm sure you can keep it up. The hardest part is the starting of it. I lost some weight after the birth of my first son using the Body For Life program ... it's a really great program if you want to check it out (book available at your library most likely). The hardest part is the eating section, for me at least, but you follow a strictly good-for-you diet 6 days a week, and then you have a "day off" -- which allows for going out days, and just letting yourself loose days. Anyhow, just thought I'd share. Good luck to you!!

Dani In NC said...

The exercise is more difficult to me. It is hard for me to stick to 30 minutes a day, and any little thing will make me skip a day. I can stick to the eating plan as long as I have the required foods in the house. I don't drive so my husband does all the grocery shopping, and he doesn't go as often as he should. When I run out of healthy snacks, then I am left with the cookies and junk that the MIL brings over.