29 August 2005

First Felting Project


I normally post my knitting pics on Tuesdays, but it has been so long since I've had anything to show that I thought I should get the photos up as soon as possible. Otherwise, you guys might lose interest in me!

Here is a photo of my coworker's bag. She did a great job, and I think red looks great when it is felted. She shrunk it as far as it would go, too; it is practically bulletproof. The pattern calls for a scallop at the top edge, which is why it looks wavy.



Here we have the finished bag on top of my unfelted bag, for a bit of perspective.




This pic is to show the stripes. I went with graduated stripes (8, 4, 2). I'm still a bit afraid to felt it. I know that felting is easy, but I like the way the bag looks now. It isn't practical to leave it this way without a lining, though. I just don't want it to look like something I cleaned out of the dryer's lint trap.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It looks so CUTE! And I think your stripd bag will look like something close to a toon dinosaur... like Flintstone's Dino... but a bag... if you know what I mean! It'll be adorable! Now FELT IT! I'm so curious of how it will be!

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see it felted- I bet it's going to come out great!

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see it felted- I bet it's going to come out great!