31 August 2005




I screwed up my courage and felted the bag. The photo is a bit deceptive. In person you can't see the stitches at all and I am really pleased with that. The bag gaps open a bit because I was running out of yarn so I couldn't make it as tall as the instructions dictated. If I were to make it again, I would probably make an i-cord frog closure to keep it shut. Also, I think I would knit a little less facing because the top of my bag doesn't stand straight up like the magazine photo; it flares out more like a bucket hat.



See? Mine doesn't look much like the photo. The girl who gets it won't care, though. M is taking it to school tomorrow to add to the Excellence box in her homeroom. The parents are asked to contribute, so I thought it would be a good way to reduce my stash. I'm two more skeins closer to buying new yarn! I'm just itching to place a KnitPicks order.

No comments: