02 October 2005

Health Update



My exact weight at weigh-in yesterday was 255.8 lb, which is another 6/10 of a lb lost. My total loss so far is 8.2 lb. I've got to take off that extra .8 lb this week because I rewarded myself early for 255. I bought two CDs at the Lascivious Biddies show. That's a big deal for me. Excluding the Hairspray CD I bought a few months ago, I haven't purchased a CD for myself in over 10 years.

This week's WW meeting was basically "fake it 'til you feel it". Tell yourself that you are fabulous even before you reach your goal. I suffer from a little too much of that attitude sometimes--I think I am so fabulous that I don't need to deprive myself of what I want. In reality, there are a lot of things I don't give myself (like CDs and new clothes) so I treat myself to food instead. If you buy yourself a new dress or a computer game when you are on a tight budget people may talk, but everybody's got to eat.

My right heel is still giving me fits, so I had to slow down a tad on my exercise program. I rented Just My Size Yoga last week. My intention is to try to keep moving in other ways until I can start walking again. Someone suggested that I get fitted for proper walking shoes, but $100 for one pair of shoes would not fly with ABM. I may look at New Balance because I've seen them for $35. I'm not sure that they would be much better than the cheap Wal-Mart sneakers I already have, though.

No comments: