23 November 2005

Grumble, grumble, grouse, grouse

I spent 20 minutes writing a post about M and our search for a suitable book for her big book report, then the work computer ate it. Grrr! I can just imagine it floating around the internet like a piece of newspaper being blown by the wind.

Rather than recreate the whole thing, let me get to the heart of the matter. M (my 12-year-old with the 11th grade reading level) is reading Wuthering Heights and I promised her that I would help her get through it by reading it with her. Should I just get the book, or should I give us both a break by either getting an enriched version with commentary or SparkNotes to go along with the book? I'm hoping that some of you bookish girls read this post and give me your opinions.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Better late than never, right?

You should get an enriched version and/or the SparkNotes. I am a dense-ass reader and I love having these resources. I find that I learn way more than I would have had I read it on my own. Having said that, it is also nice to read the book and THEN go through the notes/reviews. That way, you can get what you want from the book, not what someone else tells you you should get.

Anonymous said...

I remember reading Wuthering Heights when I was her age ! I agree with my neighbor above. (Isn't it funny that I know you from one realm and Wendy from another. The internet is a funny place.
That being said why ot rent the video/dvd as well and make it fun for everyone

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.