16 December 2005

What I'm Doing

What I'm Reading: "Every Grain of Rice: A Taste of Our Chinese Childhood in America" by Ellen Blonder and Annabel Low. Actually I just finished reading it tonight. It is a cookbook written by a woman and her aunt, who happen to be almost the same age. Interspersed with the recipes are stories of their childhood and how food played a large part in it. What I like about this book is that the recipes, even when they aren't simple, are written in a way that makes me think I can recreate them.

What I'm Hearing (Music): Still The Lascivious Biddies. I'm trying to keep myself from playing the CDs too much because I know that once I get sick of them, I won't play them again for years.

What I'm Hearing (Podcasts): Comedy podcasts aren't always the best thing to listen to at work. The Ricky Gervais Show had me laughing so hard that I was crying.

What I'm Playing: I know that PDAs are supposed to be business tools, but ABM and I just admitted to ourselves yesterday that we bought ours as toys. We treat them more like Gameboys or iPods that happen to hold a few phone numbers rather than Palms that happen to play games. ABM is more of a puzzle guy so he sticks to Bejeweled and Tetris clones. I just finished playing Village Sim and now I am working on Warfare Inc. I've also taken a swipe at Sulite, but the whole sudoku craze really hasn't grabbed me yet.

What I'm Watching: Heaven help me, I'm watching Ghost Whisperer. It is fluff, and not even uplifting fluff like Touched By An Angel. Still, I'm drawn to it. It fills my Friday night viewing slot and Jennifer Love Hewitt is just so darn pretty! She's like a walking piece of art and I can't take my eyes off of her.

No comments: