07 February 2006

Trying out another ticker




Today's exercise: Bhangra dance video

Generally, I don't put much stock in writing down my progress. For instance, a food diary doesn't work for me because I stop writing in it as soon as I eat junk food. I know that it is stupid to cheat because I am only shortchanging myself, but that's what I do. However, exercise charts have the oppostite effect on me. I tend to exercise more just so I can have something to put on the chart. Again, I'm the only one who knows if I am telling the truth so I could cheat but I don't.

Anyway, I found a ticker site that I like so I am going to start tracking my exercise on my blog again. I am not going to talk about it much because discussing my measly 10-minute exercise session isn't going to be too interesting. My plan is to just put the ticker at the top of whatever post I am making that day instead of making a special exercise post.

My weekly goal is 150 minutes, which is 30 minutes a day/5 days a week. I know that I am only going to be able to meet 1/3 of my goal for a while because I can only handle the movements in the aerobics videos for about 10 minutes at a time. We are considering the possibility of replacing our treadmill in a few months if we get a decent tax return and one of the cars doesn't break down. If that happens, then I stand a chance of meeting my goal sooner because I have more endurance on a treadmill. Of course, our cars can smell tax returns and bonus checks and choose the day before their arrival to go into a coma, so I am not getting my hopes up.

No comments: