31 July 2006

I didn't think I would be doing this yet

M is going to a birthday party. Unbeknownst to me, it is becoming fashionable in our area to throw a special party for the 13th birthday. When I asked around, I was told that these parties are usually held in a church fellowship hall and involve pizza, basketball, and boardgames. M's friend is not having one of those. Her mother is throwing her a gala banquet, complete with DJ and fancy invitation that must be shown at the door if you want to get in. It also requires semi-formal dress. Yikes!

If you have been reading this blog for a while, you know that we are not fancy people. I've spent the past several months trying to teach M how to match her clothes together. She is just starting to show an interest in fashion, so she doesn't have a lot of nice dresses in her closet and has NEVER worn a pair of heels out in public. I have one evening (tomorrow) to try to find something suitable that is also inexpensive. This probably means that I will need to go to the mall, but I think I am going to have a problem getting ABM to go anywhere other than Wal-Mart. May the spirits of high fashion be with me!

3 comments:

Kay Cooke said...

I'm sure you'll find just the oerfect outfit - and a bargain to boot! Let us know ...

January said...

Yes, good luck finding clothes for the event. Be sure to tell us how the other half lives.

mareymercy said...

Wow - now the 13th is a big birthday deal, too? Good luck!