05 September 2006

Taking a break from Good Mommy duty

No, I haven't given up my resolution to be a better Mommy this school year. I am just taking a break to post to my blog. Now that Blogger (and practically every other site I access daily) has been blocked at work, it had become more difficult to squeeze in posting time. I guess I will have to check out the e-mail posting option.

Anyway, the first week of Operation Good Mommy was tiring. I exercised every morning at 6a after waking M for school. I washed and twisted the twins' hair myself instead of letting ABM or the MIL do it. I cooked dinner as soon as I came home from work every night. We had devotions, prayer, and a read-aloud ("How to Eat Fried Worms") every school night instead of TV. I stayed up and talked to my husband when he got home from work, and fell into bed at midnight. Now I have to start all over again!

The good news is that I got immediate feedback for this effort. The twins are happy with their hair. All the kids appreciate the nightly story and an actual dinner instead of hot dogs. This is what I bring to the forefront of my brain when I am tempted to crawl in bed as soon as I get off work. I still don't know why more working mothers don't have nervous breakdowns!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good for you - you are a champ. Give yourself several hefty pats on the back!