10 January 2007

On the mend

I was starting to doubt whether the meds for my pinched nerve were going to work, but I am feeling a bit better. My chest and scalp still hurt, but it isn't the unbearable burning that made me want to scratch my skin off yesterday. If I can make myself stay awake on this stuff, I should be able to go back to work tomorrow.

I've still got calls to make for the twins' birthday party. Even though I am a grown woman, I still get nervous when I have to talk to strangers on the phone. In this case, I am worried about the parents asking me for directions. I've never been able to give directions to my own home or anywhere else. I would have sent paper invitations, but we didn't plan the party in time to mail them and I don't think I can send invitations to school unless I am inviting the whole class. This is one of those Mommy tasks that I can't get out of, unless I want to send my kids to therapy. I can hear them now: "My mother hated me. She never gave us birthday parties!"

3 comments:

MA said...

Oh man - the DIT is now blaming all of munchkin's problems on the fact that he hasn't had lots of kid birthday parties!

Dani In NC said...

We don't do a lot of parties for our kids. Last year was the first year that we did a party for all of them. Usually we take them on a family outing. Even when we do throw a party, it isn't as grand as the ones thrown by other parents we know. They will probably be in therapy over that, too :-).

Kay Cooke said...

From what I've read of your blogs dani, you are a very sensible parent and you will reap the reward in future years.
Thanks for the video you posted in an earlier post. It sounds like a beat poem - what the woman was saying could be written down, and it would read as a poem (or if it was set to music, it would make a very powerful song.) Very moving, very sad. My heart goes out to the kids like that ...
I hope the nerve in your neck unpinches itself soon - ouch that sounds sore.