23 February 2007

Searching for Inspiration

It is pretty bad when you feel frumpy in your sleep. I woke up at 4a and couldn't shake that hopeless feeling. My back hurt, my body was lumpy, and my feet were snagging on the blanket because the skin was so dry. I didn't get around to touching up my perm yet, either. Old, fat, and worthless -- that was the refrain running through my head in the wee hours of the morning.

In an attempt to turn things around, I am going to take a hot bath. I'm hoping that a hot soak in the tub will wash away the emotional ickiness I've been carrying around with me this week. That "can-do" attitude seems to be eluding me. I want to find it quickly so that I can catch up on some projects around the house. My fear is that I will find a job soon and my opportunity will be lost. Once I go back to work, I won't have the energy to clean out closets, do extra workouts, or finish art projects with the kids.

No comments: