12 March 2007

Bummer

ABM got a hysterical call from his mom about an hour ago, saying that his aunt had died. They found her crumpled on the floor, which is a bad way to find someone. His aunt's death shouldn't have been a shock because of her increasing health problems. However, she was able to attend a family funeral yesterday looking like her old self, so the rest of the family must have thought she was on the mend.

This was the third family death in six months. ABM says the older he gets, the less surprised he is by death. By contrast, I have had very little experience with it. I've only lost two people that I care about, and they were relatives that I only saw once every couple years. I have a feeling that when I do lose someone close to me, I will completely fall apart.

No comments: