25 April 2007

Rosie O'Donnell Leaving "The View"

Rosie O'Donnell Leaving "The View"

I was a fan of "The View" for many years. I watched it as often as I could during its 10-year-run. However, I stopped watching it shortly after Rosie O'Donnell joined the show because I never thought she would be a good fit for the show. Even though I am a Christian, my opinion has little to do with the comments she has made on the show about Christians in the past year. Rosie's personality is just too overwhelming to mesh with an ensemble. The times that she was a guest host were very uncomfortable to watch because she would always talk over her co-hosts and ruffle the guests' feathers.

Yes, the ratings for "The View" have gone up since she has been on the show. However, if anyone would look back at why the ratings went down, they would see it was because of Star Jones-Reynolds becoming more and more of a dominant figure. There were weeks of stories surrounding her wedding preparations and her weight loss; viewers started tuning out. I believe that the ratings would have gone up anyway just because she was gone. I suppose high ratings are the goal, but I wonder how the other three women feel at the table when all the news is about how Rosie saved them? I hope that the show runners pick a new co-host who knows how to play well with others.

No comments: