23 May 2007

Is your Enter key broken?

I spend a lot of time reading articles on the internet. ABM would say I spend an unhealthy amount of time on the internet, but that's a discussion for another day. Since I don't drive and don't have a lot of money, TV and the internet are my main sources of entertainment. As a result, I have become even more sensitive to poor page layouts.

Here is a perfect example. I want to read the review but my eyes can't focus because there isn't a paragraph break anywhere in the article. Add in all the Google ads and links to other sections of the site and my head starts to swim. There may be some great info in that article, but I will never know because I can't read it. I don't think it is due entirely to a problem with Associated Content's layout because I found another article that was much easier to read.

The moral of today's story is "The Enter key is your friend."

No comments: