22 September 2007

Where are those Love Boat reruns now?

ABM and I are going on a cruise next week. It is a week-long cruise with stops in the Cayman Islands and Jamaica. He's been planning it for a year, but I just told the kids about it yesterday. As I predicted, C1 overreacted a little, although not in the way I expected. I thought she would be upset that we weren't taking the kids with us. Instead, she kept asking about the safety of the airplane and the ship. I think I reassured her on those points.

Now that they aren't worried that we are going to crash, DJ and the twins are trying to wrap their heads around us sleeping on the ship. I grew up with 10 years of Love Boat so when I went on my first cruise 15 years ago, I had a basic idea of what to expect. It never occurred to me that the kids didn't know what a cruise ship is. They thought that the ship was just for transportation and that we would be staying in a hotel in Jamaica. I tried to explain about the rooms on the ship and all the activities. Now C1 is worried that I will gain back the 8 pounds I just lost because of all the buffets :-).

No comments: