21 June 2008

What the heck do I do with this?


Photo_061708_008.jpg, originally uploaded by daniinnc_2000.

This is a photo of my squash from four days' ago. I have no idea what to do with squash. My neighbor LJ gave it to me because she didn't have room for it in her garden. I don't know how big these squash are supposed to get before I harvest them. Once I get them in the kitchen, I don't know how to cook them. I guess I'll be learning soon enough, though. That is one of the goals of this gardening project. I want the whole family to branch out and try different vegetables. So if any of you have cool squash recipes, let me know.

2 comments:

Thomas said...

I like slicing them thin then breading them (flour, then egg, then bread crumbs) then frying them in oil. Or saute with other veggies for a light pasta sauce. Or pan roast them with whatever spices you like, but a bit of curry powder would be an interesting mix. Or roast them, because of Summer heat out on the grill.

Dani In NC said...

Thanks for the tips! The fried squash sounds tasty, even though it is probably not healthy.