28 July 2008

Mixtape Monday: Marilyn Monroe




One of the first CDs I bought when ABM and I purchased our very first CD player was a collection of Marilyn Monroe songs from her movies. At the time, I had only seen her in Gentlemen Prefer Blondes so I didn't really think of her as a singer. I was pleasantly surprised by the songs on the CD. I played it a lot and would still be playing it if I hadn't lost it in one of our moves. Anyway, when I watched Some Like It Hot this morning I thought of that CD and it inspired my mixtape for today.

The site I used to prepare today's mixtape is Project Playlist. I'm usually the one introducing new stuff to my kids, but this was one instance where M brought a new site to my attention. The site calls itself an "information location tool". Basically it is a search engine where you can find songs that have been posted on mp3 blogs all over the internet. The aspect I like the most is that you can create a playlist of full tracks instead of just clips. I'm sure there is something less than legal about it, so you may want to try Project Playlist while you still can.

No comments: