27 August 2008

Late Mixtape: Back to School

WanderWolf was a wee bit disappointed that I didn't put up a mixtape this week, so here's one just for him. I've had school on my mind all week since my brood started on Monday, so all the songs on the list remind me of school days beginning and ending. A little old school and a little new school to set the week off right!




This last song was the first I thought about when compiling this list. However, it is better appreciated in video form. I'm not a big fan of Jack Black, but I am a sucker for school movies.

2 comments:

Jack H said...

School of rock was awesome!!! I am not a fan of Jack Black either although I will call it as I see it. The man does have potential as an all around actor...

Dani In NC said...

I saw Jack Black in "The Holiday". The movie itself was boring, but I liked the role Jack Black played. He did just enough mugging to make him the endearing underdog.

It was the same in "School of Rock". The writers could have had Black's character be a complete jerk to the kids and then turn around in the end, but they didn't. He appreciated the talents of the kids from the beginning and that kept him from being too over-the-top.