20 October 2008

Flame Cap Finished


flame cap finished, originally uploaded by daniinnc_2000.

Here's another one of my hats that turned out too big. This time the hat fits snugly but I made it too long. Luckily, M makes it work. I was only able to take a quick pic of it, but in person the hat looks almost elven the way she scrunches it.

The pattern, which is called One for All Cap on Ravelry, is not the problem. It is a simple pattern and you can knit it from the bottom up or from the top down. The chart was easy to follow, as well. The issue was with my adjustments. The original cap used DK weight yarn and I tried to adjust it for worsted. I took out 16 stitches which fixed the circumference, but I didn't take the row gauge into account. Ah, well. At least I'll be able to knit more quickly if I attempt it again with the proper yarn.

Post a Comment