02 November 2008

Another Gratitude Post

Here I am with another list of things that I am grateful for from the previous week. I hesitate to say that this will become a weekly feature, simply because I am not the greatest at being consistent. Anyway, here's my list:

--My reading mojo is back! I managed to finish two novels last week. My reading slump has been bothering more than ever. I was even starting to think that there might be something wrong with my brain because I couldn't concentrate on any books that I would bring home. Thank God for large-print books! Even though they make me feel like I'm in 2nd grade, I've found that I can concentrate better when reading a large print book. Luckily, my library has an extensive collection of large-print editions.

--ABM is in a better mood. He went into a deep funk when he returned to work after his leave. Last week, he snapped out of it and started exercising and talking about his DIY projects again. To borrow a phrase, nobody's happy in this house if Papi's not happy, so I'm glad to see the turn-around.

--C2 made 2nd chair in the low brass section and C1 made 3rd chair in the saxophone section of their school band. It may be too soon to tell, but I may end up with four musical children. I'm not trying to raise the 21st-century version of the Jacksons or the Osmonds or anything. It just makes me happy to think that they will have something in their lives other than TV and video games.

You know, I had a much longer list than this, but I didn't write it down because it came to me after midnight while I was in bed. People always say that you should keep a notepad by the bed, but I know it would drive ABM crazy if I got up to write in the middle of the night, especially if it happened every night. It does happen almost every night. The quiet hours after everyone has gone to sleep are my most creative time and when all my ideas pop into my head. Maybe that's something else I should be grateful for.

No comments: