12 April 2009

A Lazy Easter Sunday

No new dresses, no egg hunt, no baskets full of chocolate and jelly beans. Easter has been a low-key affair in our house for the past several years and today is no exception. The girls are performing with the church step team today, so ABM and all the kids piled into the van at 8:15a and zoomed off. The closest the girls got to new Easter clothes was getting new camo pants as part of their step team uniforms.

I am wiling away my Sunday morning in the usual fashion, with coffee and CBS Sunday Morning. Despite the fact that I am not in church, thankfulness is uppermost in my mind today. Among other things, I am thankful to God for giving me a husband who understands that we worship in different ways. I am also thankful that I have been given this opportunity to rest after spending four hours cleaning and gardening yesterday. I pray that all my readers get to enjoy this Easter Sunday in a manner that they choose.

No comments: