12 August 2009

Eleisha Miller on America's Got Talent 2009



When I was a kid, one of my aunts who loved to perform in Little Theater told me something I never forgot. There are singers and then there are performers. If you know how to sell a song, then an audience will ignore the fact that your voice is less than stellar. In my mind, Eleisha Miller is just such a performer. Even at her young age, she knows that her voice isn't great so she (with the help of her handlers) is trying to put the song across with a sunny personality. I don't know if she should win the $1M prize, but there's something about her that makes me keep watching her. I hope she sticks around long enough for someone at Disney or Nickelodeon to take notice. I think she would be perfect on one of those kiddie sketch shows.

4 comments:

Reminisce said...

Love this kid! Laughed out loud at the end when she said, "I love you America!!!!!!".

Why did the one dude buzz her?

Dani In NC said...

Piers Morgan buzzed her because he said that her singing wasn't up to par. All the judges agreed, and so did Eleisha. She is a kid who has performing and entertaining in her blood, but no one can figure out what to do with her.

Anonymous said...

Am I the only person in the world who thinks that this is just another greatly annoying and precotious child who's parents threw her on stage at an early age to get a meal ticket? Seriously, she sucks. She's irritating as hell. That's why nobody voted for her in the show.

Dani In NC said...

I admit that she needs more work on her singing and dancing, but there is something about her that makes me watch her. I have seen FAR more irritating child actors who are already on TV shows.