12 August 2009

Eleisha Miller on America's Got Talent 2009



When I was a kid, one of my aunts who loved to perform in Little Theater told me something I never forgot. There are singers and then there are performers. If you know how to sell a song, then an audience will ignore the fact that your voice is less than stellar. In my mind, Eleisha Miller is just such a performer. Even at her young age, she knows that her voice isn't great so she (with the help of her handlers) is trying to put the song across with a sunny personality. I don't know if she should win the $1M prize, but there's something about her that makes me keep watching her. I hope she sticks around long enough for someone at Disney or Nickelodeon to take notice. I think she would be perfect on one of those kiddie sketch shows.
Post a Comment