26 October 2009

Music Monday: Crayola Doesn't Make a Color for Your Eyes



This is the video that led me to the kung-fu clogging video. The singer, Kristin Andreassen, is also in the band Uncle Earl. I found the Crayola video in my Google Reader when one of my acquaintances shared it. The song is a few years old, but Andreassen just got around to making the video for it (there is a story about the making of the video here). It has a quirky, sweet quality that was popular with female singer-songwriters like Lisa Loeb in the 1990s but isn't heard much on the radio today. Strangely, it brings tears to my eyes despite its perkiness. Go figure.

1 comment:

Julia said...

Thanks for visiting me at Teaparties and Playdates! Glad you loved the video. Thanks for the link to the background story. Take Care!