20 October 2009

There's No Room to Be Melancholy

Today I discovered one of the challenges of working in a small space with two other people. While I was at work one of my melancholy moods took over my body, spreading through me like a shot of hard liquor. There is no rhyme or reason for why this happens to me, but it is difficult to shake once I feel it coming on. How am I supposed to hide the urge to cry from a woman who is sitting two feet away from me without even a cubicle partition to separate us? All of a sudden, two years in this job is starting to sound like a life sentence.

1 comment:

Hailey @ Me and My Boys said...

You're asking how you're supposed to deal? Hmm... that shot of hard liquor might help. haha j/k. Can you stick a flower or something happy in there with you? Find something to fight off those blues... just be careful... the bossman might frown on drinking on the job. :)