23 April 2010

Can't avoid the comment moderation any longer

I've been on the internet in some form or another since 1988, so I guess the spam had to catch up with me eventually. An increasing number of fake comments have been showing up on this blog and my book blog. If you have seen Chinese characters show up in my comments section, be thankful that you aren't reading them in English :-P. I've been reluctant to activate comment moderation because I didn't want to scare away the few legitimate readers who do comment. However, it doesn't make sense to complain about the problem when there is a tool that I can use to prevent it, so I will be screening comments from now on. I promise that I will only delete spam comments that obviously have nothing to do with the post, so don't worry about posting a comment that disagrees with me!

1 comment:

Hailey @ Me and My Boys said...

That's ok! A lot of my friends monitor their comments for the same reason. What gets tough is when they decide to go private... then I have to remind myself to check their blog every now and then! Anyways, no biggie.