13 December 2010

Catch-up post for Reverb 10: Day 11

Here's another Reverb 10 catch-up post.

Day 11 prompt:

11 Things. What are 11 things your life doesn’t need in 2011? How will you go about eliminating them? How will getting rid of these 11 things change your life? (Author: Sam Davidson)

My response to this prompt is late because it was so tough. I've been racking my brain for three days trying to come up with a list, but I can't think of 11 things to get rid of. I should get rid of coffee and sugar according to some people, but I won't. I plan to get rid of cable TV in January, but that isn't for any grandiose reason -- it's too expensive so we are going to a cheaper way to consume media. I just can't think of 11 things that would change my life for the better if I got rid of them.

We live a fairly minimalist life for the average middle-class family. I have only one comforter and two sheet sets for my bed. I have one pair of sneakers and two pairs of jeans; I think I could only go two weeks without re-wearing an item of clothing, and that would involve wearing my two evening dresses. So even though I am under no illusion that we are poor, I honestly can't think of I could get rid of without feeling the loss of it.

No comments: