03 December 2010

My New Charity Project

5HBS for charity


For the past several months I have been dealing with some health issues and adjusting to the doctor's diagnosis. This situation has fed into my natural tendency to be a bit of a navel gazer. I need to do something that takes my focus off of my own problems. Conventional wisdom suggests that doing some sort of charity work would be one way to remind myself that it's not all about me. So I've set myself a challenge to knit items for charity during the month of December. I figured that this would be something that goes along with the Christmas spirit, and I already know of a few charities that take items like baby blankets and sweaters.

I started my first item, a Five-Hour Baby Sweater (hereafter to be referred to as 5HBS) on Tuesday. Yes, I know Tuesday was a day early, but I was sitting at the kids' Christmas concert and I always knit at band concerts. I couldn't let 90 minutes of good knitting time go to waste. I'm off to a good start, and if all continues to go well, you will be seeing more knitting content on this blog again. Long-time readers may remember that I started this blog with lots of needlework posts, and I'd like to get back to that.

1 comment:

Hailey @ Me and My Boys said...

Sorry to hear about the health issues! But you have a great attitude about it! :)