19 February 2012

It's February, and the bruises are in bloom

My bruises from last Tuesday's fall are just starting to show up. As usual, my attention was focused on the most insistent pain so I didn't notice that I actually banged up several parts of my body on the tumble down the stairs.  Yesterday while I was bathing, the bruises began to appear like purple flowers all over my arms and legs.

Other than looking like a spotted wonder, I think I'm healing quite nicely. Putting weight on my right leg doesn't hurt as much, but I do feel weak all over so I'm not ready to try the stairs yet. This means my lovely teenagers have been cooking meals and doing chores this weekend. I've felt guilty about fobbing off so much of the work on them in the past, but now I can see that it was good training for a situation like this.

No comments: