14 February 2013

I want ALL the toys!

This afternoon I registered to win a Kindle Fire tablet in a contest. Why would I do this? It doesn't really make sense. I just got an iPad 2 a few months ago and there is also an Acer Iconia tablet in our household technology pool. Whatever app I want to try, whether it is for iOS or Android, I have a device nearby that it can be loaded on. So why do I want to win a Kindle?

Some girls are attracted to jewels and others like shoes, but me? I like shiny new technology. The chance to get my hands on a new laptop or phone or tablet is more enticing to me than trying on a pair of Louboutins. There is plenty of tech in my house to meet my needs, but the gadgets I haven't tried yet are calling me.

What makes it even worse is when a friend gets a new device and I can tell that s/he isn't taking advantage of its full capabilities. It takes every ounce of my willpower not to rip the thing out of his or her hands and show them all the cool stuff they could be doing. I have to constantly remind myself that not everyone shares my fascination with their computers. To most people, these machines are just for work or necessary evils.

No comments: