13 April 2017

NaPoWriMo 2017 Day 13

I’m sorry that I missed a few days of NaPoWriMo; life got in the way and I haven’t been able to make writing a priority yet. Anyway, today’s prompt from NaPoWriMo.net is to write a ghazal. I’ve never even heard of that form before, but I think I can use it to write about what is on my mind today.
-------------------------------------------------------------

So many things to do, but her hand is numb.
She wants to do them all, but her hand is numb.

Motivation has to claw and fight its way out
And make a stand against the numb.

Will he show his anger towards her
Or present a passive face that is numb?

She tries to explain but it is never enough
To make him believe she is numb.

Dani beats her hand against her thigh
But she can’t hasten the retreat; her hand is numb.

--Dani M. Sanders, 13 Apr 2017

No comments: