12 February 2005

Body Update

First off, I am still at 235 lbs. I didn't exercise a bit this week, and my water intake was only about 24 oz. a day. My mind is almost ready but I haven't gone to the next step of really pushing myself into action.

I did make one change this week. I started cutting down on the sugar in my coffee. That may not seem like much, but those who know me IRL have seen me use a LOT of sugar. Three weeks ago, I got to a point where I couldn't even taste the sugar until I had used about 14 teaspoons. This is in a 12 oz. cup on top of three teaspoons of half-and-half and a packet of hot chocolate mix. I drink two cups like that every morning. I've always taken pride in the fact that I don't normally drink soda, but those two cups are equivalent to about six 12-oz. cans of Dr Pepper. The empty calories I thought I was avoiding are right there in my morning java. I guess I always knew that but I didn't want to admit it because I am very unpleasant without my AM caffeine.

Anyway, in the past week I have worked my way down to three teaspoons of sugar in my coffee and I switched to low-fat non-dairy creamer. Of course, I am still dumping that packet of hot chocolate in my cup so I haven't lowered the calorie count by much. I am going to try switching to hot tea next week; that will cut the calories in half.

As for exercise, I asked ABM to get me a "Walk Away the Pounds" DVD for Valentine's Day. If he doesn't get it, then I will definitely put the DVD in my Netflix queue so I can get started. Another idea I had was to buy a dance DVD for the kids and do that with them. My top choices are either another DDR game (the girls have almost mastered the PS1 version) or a dance video from Fitness Beginnings. I haven't ordered from them but they seem to have a wide variety of exercise videos for kids. M was in dance for three years when she was younger and we would love to have all the kids in dance now, but we can't afford it. I thought that a video that teaches vintage dances like the foxtrot and the hustle would accomplish several goals for me. I would be able to introduce them to classic tunes that I love, they would get fit, and they would learn a skill that would serve them well in adulthood. Plus, it could be a painless way to spend time with the kids.

1 comment:

Bookish Wendy said...

Hi Dani!

The path of least resistence is ALWAYS the easiest. Keep your eye on the prize and you will get there, every little step will draw you closer to your goal.

Stick some Beastie's in and kick some butt!

-Wendy

ps- thank you so much for stopping by and leaving a comment!