27 March 2005

Lazy, Hazy Day

We didn't go to church today. I know, what kind of Christian doesn't go to church on Easter? ABM and I have just been so worn out lately that we didn't feel like facing the fashion show that awaits you at a black church on Easter Sunday. We didn't make Easter baskets or dye Easter eggs or take the kids to the Easter egg hunt, either. We laid around the house playing video games and watching TV with occasional breaks to hug one another and do just enough housework to keep the health inpector at bay.

When I've done this in the past, I have always felt guilty by the end of the weekend. This time, however, I feel great. I'm thankful to God for giving me this opportunity to spend a relaxed weekend with my husband and kids. I'm grateful that I had one weekend where I could put all those voices in my head to rest and that the most worrisome thought in my head was whether to knit a halter top or a hat. May God grant me the ability to carry the peace with me as long as possible.

No comments: