14 March 2005

Quick Post

This is going to be a hit-and-run post. I am trying to avoid spending too much time on the computer on weeknights so that I can actually live my life and have something to blog about!

Frogging the loden green monstrosity was giving me a problem until I figured out that I should start at the bottom instead of the top :-P. I should have it wound into little balls by Friday. I don't think that I am going to turn it into the Grace sweater just yet, though. For me, it was Fix-It and Finish It February; since the knit-along is still going on, I want to focus on the Finish It part. Here are the UFOs that I can list from memory:

--Grey and black crocheted scarf for the MIL
--Purple and aqua Ghetto G scarf
--DJ's loden green non-monstrosity tennis vest
--Gaudy Rambling Rows afghan

DJ's vest is at the top of the list because it is so close to completion. I just have to pick stitches for the neckline, then sew the side seams. I put it down because I was afraid I wouldn't be able to get the kids' Christmas knitting done on time. If I don't finish it now, DJ may not get a chance to wear it. I have a sneaky feeling that he is going have a growth spurt over the summer.

The one thing that could distract me from working on the vest is this. For the past several months I have had a growing desire to knit stuffed animals and dolls. As a kid, I didn't even like that kind of stuff. Why on earth would I want to knit it? Who knows? All I know is that I want to make soft, squishy stuff. At least I might be able to make a dent in my stashette with this stuff.

2 comments:

Christie said...

Aw...I love that little rabbit. I'm planning on making a couple of them next week when I'm on Spring Break! They're cute...how can you deny their cuteness!!?!?! Make one...you know you should...

Genia said...

I used that pattern for my last guild meeting, even Myla made one. They are too cute and very quick.