18 March 2005

Release that belly!

Did anyone see The View today? Elisabeth Hasselbeck, who will be delivering her baby in about 11 days, was wearing a black tunic that practically strangled her belly. Where is that classic maternity look that Laura Petrie and Samantha Stevens wore? I understand that some women want to express pride in their bodies and being pregnant, but sometimes you can take it too far. Wearing a top that fits snugly around the entire belly looks ridiculous, especially if tucks under the belly and then flares out. The funny thing is that these same women wouldn't dare wear skirts that cupped their butts so tightly. What makes them think it looks any better on their stomachs?


This is not attractive! Posted by Hello

5 comments:

Christie said...

I guess living in Cali, I see so many size 0 pregnate girls [yes, girls] who wear little tops and skirts that accentuate their bulges that it's almost cute. Ew...I'm strange that way. Better believe this size 10 isn't showing my stomach off if I ever get knocked up tho. There really is a place for everything...TV isn't one of them though.

Genia said...

Dani, I agree. When I was expecting anything even wrapping around my stomach made me ill!

And when the bellybutton pops and stands out like an alarm is rather silly!

Lola said...

I'd have to agree with you.

Dani In NC said...

Christie, I'm not expecting pregnant women to wear big tents, especially if they were physically fit before conceiving. If the bodice is fitted at the top and sides, that is fine. After that the fabric should fall straight down instead of cupping under the belly. I would rather see a pregnant woman in a bikini top with the belly totally exposed than to see the belly strangled by fabric.

Christie said...

I feel you...Lord knows if I ever get preggers it's going to be Omar the Tentmaker dresses for me.