17 May 2005

Exercise: none
Breakfast: on plan
Lunch: on plan

I'm going to M's band concert (which doubles as her final exam) as soon as I leave work today. That means no photos, but I did knit. I think I am off one stitch on the halter chart. The chart shows that I should have an equal amount of knit stitches on either side of the lace section, but I have 26 on one side and 27 on the other. I'm too lazy to rip back the six rows I've done so far, so hopefully it won't make much of a difference.

Before I leave you, I want to rant a little. Summer, which is supposed to be a season of frolic and fun, is a miserable time of year for me. It is the time when everyone cranks up the A/C and runs it constantly. Do any of you know what it is like to be cold all the time? Between work and home, I can't escape cold air. Whatever happened to opening the windows and enjoying the breeze? I am not a Luddite; I can appreciate A/C when it is 95 degrees outside. Around here, though, people start sweating and gasping for air as soon as it reaches 70. I want to enjoy the warm weather, move my arms unencumbered, and wear floaty summer dresses without a sweater. Is that so wrong?

2 comments:

Christie said...

I totally agree with you. Although I hate sweltering and not being able to breathe, should anyone need a wool sweater in July?

Anonymous said...

Hey, Dani, i read your comment on the Tammy Wynette-cover (on the coverville-podcast), and i just wanted to say that you can listen to all the tracks from Queen Esther's debut-cd on http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/queenesther
it's an album i really can recommend, it's awesome :)