09 June 2005

ABM's birthday update

Exercise: 15 min. (Carmen Electra #1)

ABM is off today, which usually means I would skip my exercise session. However, I didn't want to lose my momentum so I had a short session today. If it hadn't been raining, I would have stretched it out by using the trampoline. Perhaps I'll have a chance to do that tomorrow.

For all the worrying I did, ABM seemed to like his birthday presents. He probably would have preferred something from the hardware store, but we've both agreed that it is better if I leave the tool-buying to him.


I discovered that we have a comics shop in my little town. This is a real shop devoted to comics as opposed to a single rack at the Media Play. ABM seemed to be the most excited about this gift. Neither one of us has read a comic in at least 10 years, but I thought he might like to start. I only went in for the book on the left, which is the first book of the new X-Men Hellions mini-series. Then I spottted the $1 boxes, filled with comics that were between 2 and 20 years old. There were so many X-Men back issues from different series that I couldn't make a decision. I'll have to go back another day when I have more time and cash in my pocket. Posted by Hello



After having no luck finding piano software at Best Buy, I started looking for games. There was no chance of finding games like Carcasonne or Settlers of Catan around here, so I did the best I could. Pit was purchased on a friend's recommendation; I liked the idea of buying a game that has been playing in family rooms for the past 100 years. ABM is a fan of CSI, but the game looked lame so I bought a mystery puzzle instead. You read the book, put together the jigsaw puzzle, then search the picture for clues to solve the crime. Trouble was on sale and I thought that it would be a good game for him to play with the kids. Word Thief looked like it would be more interesting than Scrabble and a refreshing change from Mexican train dominoes, which is what we played with our friends the last few times we had them over.


No comments: