18 July 2005

Fun little family competition

The GameBlast trial turned out to be fun for the whole family this weekend. The big surprise was ABM. He has barely glanced at a video game since the SNES era, despite my efforts to entice him. For some reason, however, he is drawn to Tumblebugs. Once the kids found out that he was playing, my computer chair turned into a hot seat as they all tried to beat his score. Most games these days are geared more toward completing levels or beating an end game, so watching them get such joy out of seeing their names on the high score table felt like a flashback to the 1980s. Of course, my name holds the top two spots on the chart because I am Queen of Computer Time-Wasters :-). Everyone had such fun that I am almost tempted to pay for a couple months of the service.

No comments: