27 July 2005

Podcast Talk: Claybourne

This week, I didn't have time to check out any homegrown podcasts because I have been listening to Claybourne. The guys over at Geek Speak Radio mentioned it and now I am hooked. It is an audio drama that originally aired on New Zealand radio in the late 1990s and is now available in podcast form. The story is a mixture of soap opera and sci-fi. An American businessman is on vacation in NZ when he is asked by his company to take a short side trip and check on a satellite station owned by his company because there have been reports of strange goings-on.

The first few episodes sound a bit stilted, but both the acting and the writing seem to get better by episode 12. The short ten-minute segments make it easier for me to pick up where I left off when I get interrupted. My only complaint is that I wish they would post one episode a day, at least on the weekdays. Waiting for the latest episode of a talk show podcast is one thing; it is difficult to be left hanging in the middle of a story!

No comments: