26 September 2005

Grumble, grumble, grouse, grouse

There are people who are committed enough to their work to skip lunch and/or breaks. I just don't have that in me. I give my employer my best effort during work hours, but my break is mine. The work will still be there when I get back. If I don't finish it today, it will be there tomorrow. It is especially amazing to me when people do this in a job where they are not being pressured to do it and it isn't going to do anything for them. All of the places I have worked have had no opportunity for advancement, no matter how hard you hustle. Why give 150% to a dead-end job? (Did I mention that I'm lazy?)

The camo 5HBS is giving me fits. I ripped back to the end of the hood, knit down to the arms a second time, and I still ended up with 30 stitches too many. This is not an unfamiliar pattern. I have knit it with and without the hood several times. Why am I having such a hard time with this? Being the stubborn (and lazy) knitter that I am, I refuse to rip again. I'll just have to find a way to make it work.

The camo baby blanket is still on hold because I need a longer circular to finish it. I got over my fear of spending long enough to order a set of Denise needles on Saturday. Hopefully KnitPicks has quick shipping!

No comments: